History of MCS
Military College of Signals was raised immediately after partition of the Indo-Pak Sub Continent in 1947 as School of Signals. Lt Col C.W.M. Young, a British Officer of the Royal Corps of Signals was the first commandant of the School. The status of the School was raised to a College in 1977, when it was affiliated with University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. The College was affiliated with National University of Sciences and Technology, in 1991 and since then it has progressed phenomenally as a center of quality education.
MCS was is the pioneer in starting following programs in Pakistan
- BE Telecom Engineering in 1960
- BE Software Engineering in 1996
- MS in information Security in 2001
MCS started its PG programs (3 x MS and 3 x PhD programs) in 2001. Later MS in System Engineering was started in 2014. Currently, MCS maintains a very conducive academic environment through community of highly educated and qualified academicians, skilled administrators and dedicated support staff. The academic facilities of MCS include world-class labs and classrooms as well as historic buildings celebrating the long-standing traditions of academic excellence at MCS. Academic facilities have been offered within the college premises to make easy access to facility easy for students.
MCS Alumni (Signalianz) have very strong bonding with college. They have always been upfront in boosting the academic, research and co-curricular activities of MCS. Signalianz award scholarships to needy students every year. The amount for these scholarships is managed totally on volunteer basis by them. Today, Signalianz represent MCS/NUST in almost all industries related to Telecommunication, Softwares and Information Security.