MCS is proud to announce that our own Dr Abdul Ghafoor has been included in the top 2% of the researchers globally according to rankings compiled by Stanford University’s Prof John PA Loannidis and his team, and published by Elsevier. The researchers are ranked based on a composite index factoring in various bibliometrics, including citations, Hirsch-index, citations to papers in different authorship positions, etc.
Other achievements of Dr Abdul Ghafoor include:
- Awarded NUST Best Teacher Award – 2009.
- Awarded NUST Best Researcher Award – 2013.
- MCS Best Researcher Award – 2014.
- Awarded Research Productivity Award by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science, in 2016.
- Declared 29th best Engineering Scientist by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science, in 2016 and in 2017.
- Supervised and graduate13 PhD and 60 MS students. At the moment supervising (and Co-Supervising) 10 PhD and 6 MS thesis.
- 200 publications (including submitted) with over 200 cumulative impact factor, 45 h10-index, 20 h index and over 1500 citations.