Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), being the premier professional body of engineers in Pakistan, is deeply involved in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of engineers in the country. As a part of this CPD, PEC frequently arranges different short courses for engineers which are aiming at; updating of knowledge, development & improvement in the state of the art professional skills, improvement in professional competency & exposure.
This CPD workshop is planned specifically to highlight the importance of the MM wave technology and its application towards defence. The MM wave region of the electromagnetic spectrum has received increased interest since the last two decades because of the significant advances in the development of transmitters, receivers, devices and components and their use in system applications such as radar, remote sensing, missile guidance, radio astronomy, and communications.
The next-gen tactical networks and electronic warfare are transitioning to higher frequency spectrums to defend against the newly discovered threats. And with innovations like 5G and SATCOM backhaul on the rise, connectivity, bandwidth and speed are hugely important in the defense sector. The workshop is focused towards the coming threats of MM wave technology and is integrated with certain interesting activities to invite an active participation from the participants in this direction.
Certificate and CPD Points:
- A certificate will be awarded to the participants.
- As per the implemented Continuing Professional Development System by PEC, Credit points will be awarded to the Registered / Professional Engineers, who have attended the course and earned the certificate.
Who Should Attend
- All Engineers registered with PEC from any background.
- Non-Engineers can also apply.
- Scientists, Academicians and Students.
- Policy / decision makers, analysts, professionals and managers dealing with RF & Microwave circuits/ Antennas at Microwave / millimeter wave frequencies.
- Professionals in industry / organisations dealing with Microwaves and Millimeter wave circuits/antennas