In all our interactions, we are guided by the following values:-
- We encourage the process of learning, research and teaching.
- We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
- We promote the Library as both a real and virtual extended classroom.
- We embrace our role as collectors, custodians and disseminators of the scholarly and intellectual record.
- Believe that each and every user of the Library is unique and important.
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its diverse users.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, scholarly discussion and interaction.
- We commit ourselves to excellence.
- We seek out the best staff and resources to accomplish our goals and mission.
- We support and believe on individual growth and organisational development.
- We work diligently to exceed and meet the expectations of our users.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice and equality in our work.
- We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
- We demonstrate a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We encourage differences in perspective, opinions and ideas.
- We consider the needs of others.
- We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- We recognize the importance of Library-wide participation.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success and promotion of the Library.