Rules and Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Users are expected to observe the following rules and regulations while using the library services and facilities; any violation of these rules will incur appropriate disciplinary action.
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc. in the racks placed in the gallery of the library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage. However, for valuable items limited no of lockers are available which are offered on first come first serve basis.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Keep your mobiles off within the library premises.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Do not change configuration of computers or any other equipment in the library. MCS SOP must be observed.
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
A Computer Lab with latest i5 systems is available for access and use of Digital Library and Resources of Higher Education Commission (HEC). Followings points may be adhered by all users while using Computer Lab/Internet:-
- Only authorised users (MCS instructors/students) will use the Computer Lab/internet.
- The Computer Lab will be used for academic and research activities only.
- E-mail with malicious intentions like harassing or threatening of any nature is not allowed.
- All possible measures to be taken by all users to insure the security of hardware/software from unauthorized usage.
A separate discussion room is available for scholarly group discussion of researchers and students. Followings points may be adhered by all users while using Discussion Room:-
- Discussion will be limited to academic and research activities only.
- Religious or political discussions are not allowed in the Discussion Room.
- Making noise, sleeping, eating, drinking and smoking are prohibited in the Discussion Room.
Isolated Study Areas
Separate isolated study rooms are available for male and female students for individual studies only. Followings points may be adhered by all users while using Isolated Study Areas:-
These areas are meant for individual study using own study materials.
- Group discussion is not allowed in these rooms.
- Male students are not allowed to sit in female study room.
- Female students are not allowed to sit in male study room.