Library Vision and Mission Statement
LIBRARY VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
As a centre of knowledge, the MCS Library shares with the University the aspiration to be the most dynamic learning environment in the world. To fulfil this mission, the Library commits to:
- Developing and maintaining collections in support of the academic pursuits of the university;
- To locate, evaluate and use information available in a variety of innovative and traditional formats;
- Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier;
- Fostering a work-place culture where library staff is responsible to the university's needs in the rapidly changing information environment;
- The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to provide a student-centred learning environment, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward flexibility and innovation.
- To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage, retrieval and delivery systems.
NUST is committed to excellence and innovation in undergraduate and graduate teaching, service, research and other scholarly activities. The MCS Library supports this commitment by
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources both in hard and soft form;
- Understand the research, build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to HEC digital resources;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
- Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives; Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skill, commitment in its staff ;
- Supporting professional development and training opportunities for library staff