- To produce technologically proficient, business-savy information security professionals capable of applying policy, education and training to the growing need of military, government and public sector.
- To help speedy attainment of self-reliance in the design and development of indigenous information security systems.
- To provide a forum for exchange of knowledge, experience, and expertise amongst the professionals from various organizations and departments in Pakistan.
- To provide a stepping stone for establishment of a national institute in the field of information security.
Significant Future Development Plans for the Program(s)
- Restructuring of MS program in Information Security.
- Enhancement of lab facilities including vulnerability assessment, Network security/monitoring and penetration testing.
- Strengthening of relationship with industry carrying out more useful projects and increasing the job opportunities for fresh graduates.